These are unchartered times and dental offices throughout Southern California are closing to help do their part in minimizing the spread of COVID-19. With these closures people are likely to seek help from the already strained emergency departments and urgent cares and putting themselves at risk to contract COVID-19.
It is our commitment and obligation as a house call practice to minimize the spread of COVID-19. With hospitals and urgent cares being overwhelmed with those being treated for COVID-19, our services will help minimize the spread of the virus. This also helps open beds and appointment times at hospitals and medical offices for those that really need their services.
Below is some information regarding our services during this outbreak:
To ensure we can continue to provide our services, it is imperative that our doctors and assistants stay healthy. To help accomplish this, we will wait at least 2 weeks to schedule an appointment if…
- You have been diagnosed/exposed with COVID-19
- You have recently traveled to a country affected by COVID-19 (China, Korea, Italy, France, etc.)
- You have been experiencing flu-like symptoms like fever, cough, respiratory illness.
How We Work With Dental Insurance
We are a unique house-call dental practice and all services are provided in the comfort of your home or care facility. During this COVID-19 outbreak, we are preforming ONLY EMERGENCY DENTAL SERVICES (see below).
- PPO Dental Insurance: Cost of treatment is due at the time service is rendered. Once treatment is complete, we will file a dental claim and send it to your insurance. The insurance will then send the enrollee the reimbursement.
- Medi-Cal: In order to utilize your benefits, you must be enrolled in straight Medi-Cal. To learn more please call our office and speak to one of our patient coordinators.
- No dental insurance: Cost of treatment is due at the time of services. About 50% of our patients do not have dental insurance…so you’re not alone.
- HMO Dental Insurance: With HMO plans, you are assigned to a dental office and we are not able to utilize your benefits. You will be financially responsible for all treatment rendered.
Cost of Services During the COVID-19 Outbreak
We strive to maintain that the cost of our services are reasonable and competititve.
Dental exam, x-rays and oral cancer screening
- PPO or HMO Dental Insurance: $300 (dependant on location)
- Medi-Cal: $150 (in select cities)
- No dental insurance: $300 (dependant on location)
10% discount on all treatment beyond the initial exam and x-rays
- Please mention this discount when calling about services
*We accept cash, check, or credit card*
What is considered an “Dental Emergency”?
A dental emergency can be different for everyone. Here are some examples of what we consider dental emergencies:
- Pain, swelling or active infection
- A broken tooth causing pain or causing infection
- Ill-fitting or broken dentures causing pain/discomfort
- Large cavities that cannot wait 2-4 months to treat
- Uncontrolled bleeding after having a dental procedure
- Trauma causing pain, infection or loose teeth
- Loss or displaced crowns, bridges, or other dental restorations
If you are calling to utilize our services because your current dentist has closed their office during this time, we are happy to take care of your dental emergency. We will require that you return to your current dentist for continued care once their office re-opens.
If you have any questions regarding dental emergencies, please contact our office and we will be more than happy to discuss this with you.
We look forward to taking care of you in the safest way possible.
Dr. Banner and TEAM
Call/Text (626) 594-0374