May 27, 2020
Every day, your doctor and his team provide special needs dental care to patients all over Orange County. One of the biggest challenges when it comes to dental care for special needs patients is preparing well for you or your loved one’s appointment. Thankfully, our doctors at In Motion Dentists are all board-certified dentists who are qualified with the advanced training and experience needed to provide professional special needs dental care to patients across the county while promoting patient safety and comfort. They want to help you prepare well for your upcoming dental appointment.
Tips and Tricks to Help Prepare for Your Special Needs Dental Care Appointment
Before your doctor visits your residence for your upcoming special needs dental care appointment, be sure to consider the following so you will be well prepared, and your appointment will go smoothly:
- Depending on the specific circumstances of your loved one’s needs, be sure to schedule a one-on-one meeting with your doctor at your Orange County home or place where the special needs dental care appointment will take place. During this meeting, your doctor or a member of his team will listen to you discuss the specific needs of your loved one and build a rapport with them. This will help him know how to appropriately care for your loved one and allow treatment to go more smoothly.
- Depending on the needs of your loved one, consider scheduling their special needs dental care appointment at a time when they are not too tired. This will ensure your loved one is able to participate well during the appointment without becoming drowsy.
- Talk to your loved one about what they should expect their visit with your doctor to be like. Be positive and upbeat, but also truthful so your loved one won’t have any surprises at their special needs dental care appointment.
- Be sure to avoid negative language as you speak to your loved one and avoid using words that could cause fear, such as “painful,” “hurt,” “drills,” or “shots.”
- Be prepared, as a caregiver, to understand that your loved one may not sit still for their special needs dental appointment and that they may not cooperate as you’d like them to. Remember that your doctor and his team in Orange County are all highly trained in providing care to special needs patients and they are patient and prepared for any behavior.
Choose a Qualified Dental Practice to Meet the Needs of Your Loved One with Special Needs
One of the biggest challenges preventing proper special needs dental care for men, women, and children in Orange County, is the lack of qualified dentists with training and experience treating this important segment of our population. Your doctor and his team of doctors are all board-certified dentists, as well as members of multiple dental health organizations.
Moreover, each of our doctors has a passion and unique skills for treating those with special needs. Each of them treated patients with disabilities in dental school and went on to shadow and learn from other dentists who specialized in special needs dental care.
With their in-home dental services, your doctor offers complete comprehensive dental services to anyone in Orange County requiring this service. To learn more, or to schedule an initial consultation, simply call his office today at (626) 594-0374.